The United States Postal Service offers many services, one of the easy and convenient services include USPS package pickup. Using this service, the customers can send their packages without even going to the post office. Using this service, the USPS customers can schedule their packages to be picked up by their letter carrier.
We have already a detailed article on USPS Pickup, but you can also read all the FAQ’s related to USPS Pickup and Schedule Pickup here.
- 1 USPS Package Pickup FAQ:
- 1.1 What is the Cost to Get the USPS Pickup facility?
- 1.2 From Where can the Pickup Happen?
- 1.3 Can I Track the Delivery Status of Picked up Packages?
- 1.4 Can I Remove a Package From my Scheduled Package Pickup List?
- 1.5 Do I Need to be Physically Present for the Package Pickup?
- 1.6 When to Schedule the Pick-up?
- 1.7 Can I Schedule International Package Pickup?
- 1.8 Is the Pickup Facility Available for the Online Insured Items?
- 1.9 Can I Leave Money for the Postage with my Items for Package Pickup?
- 1.10 What are the Restrictions on the Package pick up?
USPS Package Pickup FAQ:
What is the Cost to Get the USPS Pickup facility?
The service of the USPS package pickup is free of cost. You can send any number of packages, the only thing you need to ensure is that the maximum weight per package should not exceed 70 pounds. So, for using this service, you don’t need to pay anything extra.
From Where can the Pickup Happen?
The USPS pickup locations can be from one of these:
- Side Door
- Front Door
- Back Door
- Knock on Door or Ring Bell
- Mail Room
- Any Other
Can I Track the Delivery Status of Picked up Packages?
Yes, you can. The delivery status will be available for the mail classes like Priority Mail Express service items or packages that automatically include USPS Tracking or Signature Confirmation services.
Once your items are into USPS system, one can go to USPS Tracking on USPS.com, and track the package.
Can I Remove a Package From my Scheduled Package Pickup List?
Yes, you can do that. You need to visit the link https://www.usps.com/pickup and follow the instructions. As you log in, you will notice a list of your scheduled Package Pickups details. You are permitted to EDIT the specific information for each pickup. You can also cancel, add or modify a scheduled pickup.
Do I Need to be Physically Present for the Package Pickup?
For mailing the postage-paid items within the US and if your package is prepared well as per the rules and guidelines and you have left the same at a safe location for the letter carrier, then you need not be physically present.
But, if the package is more than 13oz. in weight and bears a postage stamp for postage, then it must be presented by oneself to the staff present at the retail counter at a Post Office location. The international parcels that are destined to be sent to APO/FPO/DPO addresses, with a customs declaration form that was not done online, must be given by the customer himself to the staff present at the retail service counter at a Post Office location.
When to Schedule the Pick-up?
USPS Pickup times depend on the days you have selected. The customers can schedule pickups from Monday to Saturday until 2:00 AM CT on the day of the pickup. The USPS last pickup will be at 2:00 AM CT, after that same-day pickup, will not be available, so please mind the last mail pickup timings.
If you want to schedule multiple pickups, sign in to your USPS.com account.
Can I Schedule International Package Pickup?
The International packages that need a customs declaration form and bear postage stamps cannot be used for USPS package pickup. The same must be presented by the customer to the staff of the retail service counter at a Post Office location.
Also, the International parcels that also include the mails that need to be sent to the APO/FPO/DPO addresses, with a customs declaration form that was not completed online by using Click-N-Ship, must be presented by the customer to the staff of the retail service counter at the Post Office location.
Is the Pickup Facility Available for the Online Insured Items?
Yes, it is. You can avail this facility with Click-N-Ship for the mail classes like First-Class Package, First-Class Package Services-Commercial, Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail, and Parcel Select Ground parcels. For the eBay sellers, the online insurance is possible for mail classes Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail, and USPS Retail Ground® packages only.
As you buy an online label with insurance online, go to the Package Pickup link to request a pickup for your parcels. Do make sure to prepare your package in advance, before the person comes to pick the package. Do include postage as well. Your letter carrier will collect the same on the requested postal delivery day.
Can I Leave Money for the Postage with my Items for Package Pickup?
No, you cannot do that. The applicable postage must be applied to your item before the person comes for the pickup. You can buy the postage online also by using methods like Click-N-Ship, PC Postage, or Postage Meters. You can use the Postage stamps for the items weighing less than 13 ounces. But, the items that weigh more than 13oz and bearing postage stamps for postage must be handed over by the customer to the staff at a retail counter at a Post Office location.
What are the Restrictions on the Package pick up?
The restrictions include:
- The items should not weigh more than 70 pounds
- The pick-up items should not have a length and girth of more than 130 inches
- If the items are more than 13oz. in weight, there will be no package pickup. The customer has to present the same to the staff at the retail counter of the Post Office location.
- Hazardous materials cannot be sent through parcel pick up service.
- Packages must meet all the packaging, labeling, and USPS mailability standards
- International mail items that need customs declaration form and postage stamps must be given by the customer to that staff of the Post Office location.
- According to the mailbox pickup times, you can submit your USPS pickup request on holiday or Sunday, but the pickup will happen only on the next scheduled delivery day. Like if you submit pickup request on Saturday afternoon, you can have a Monday pickup.
- You also have an option to extend your scheduled Package Pickup request. You can do so by signing in the Package Pickup website. You can extend your package pickup up to 12 months from the present date.
If you have any more questions, then USPS pickup phone number is 1·800·222·1811. Also, the Post offices in some countries are open for Sunday Pickup also.