United States Postal Service is not only adept at providing the most efficient and timely services to its customers, but they also enable their customers to use other additional services as well. One of those services includes tracking one’s mail. The job of USPS does not get over by picking and delivering the shipment. But, this organization also provides to its clients the facility of viewing where exactly their shipment is and when is it likely to arrive at its destination. This article will concentrate on the topics like what is USPS tracking number, its format, how to find it, etc. We will also discuss other details under the header of where is the tracking number on USPS receipt, and things related to the Priority mail tracking number. This article aims to update you with almost everything related to this number. So, what are you waiting for? Go through the write-up and make yourself aware of the superb USPS tracking service.
Before moving to the USPS tracking number, let us first try to understand what is the USPS tracking service. USPS tracking is the service that the US Postal Service provides its customers, where the users of USPS have the facility to track their packages. This service offered by the USPS is called USPS Tracking. It is imperative for the USPS to provide a service like this because in the current world, the customers have become smart and they wish to stay updated on every step of the process. Similarly, in the case of using the USPS services, the customers want to know where their packages that they have ordered, is lying. Tracking the same makes it easier for the customers to get the newest update of the order they have placed. This tracking facility helps the customers to view their package end to end, right from the starting of the order, to the end of the order.
USPS automatically includes US post office tracking number in all the domestic shipping products. But, the USPS does not include the tracking service with the Commercial Standard Mail parcels because the Commercial Standard Mail parcels are not like the domestic mailing. However, you also have an option to avail the tracking facility on the Commercial Standard Mail parcels as well, but by paying an extra cost. Though, you must know that this additional service does not give a guarantee of the delivery. To get the signature of the person receiving the order, which serves as a proof of delivery, you will have to add one of the compatible services with the International products. This is the mechanism to track the international packages, by using the USPS international tracking no.
Having understood all about the USPS tracking, let us move on to the tracking no.
What is USPS Tracking Number?
The USPS or the employees of the post office are allowed to make any package trackable. For this purpose, they assign a tracking number to almost all the packages they get from the USPS customer. This number that the USPS allots to its customers is called the USPS track number. This number is also known as the label number or the article number.
But, to buy any product, you must have one of the below-mentioned lists of USPS postages included with that, then only you will be able to track your package by getting this number. If you do not have one of the postages with your product, you may not be able to get the USPS number along. The list of postages with which the USPS tracking number comes automatically includes:
- Collect on Delivery
- Certified Mail
- USPS Tracking
- Registered Mail
- Global Express Guaranteed
- Priority Mail
- Signature Confirmation
This was the list of the postages that are must to have with your product, to receive the number for your product. But, if you do not have one of the postages mentioned above, then you might not receive the tracking number. Though you can get the facility of this number by paying an extra cost in a few cases.
Tracking Number Format:
Talking about how long is this number, let us tell you that the US postal service tracking number is normally a number consisting of 22 digits. However, the number of the digits may change depending on the kind of USPS service you are using. Different services offered by USPS may have different kinds of tracking no.
To explain the USPS tracking order number, below is the list of some examples of tracking no digits with different services:
- US post office tracking number: 9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Priority Mail number: 9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Certified Mail number: 9407 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Collect on Delivery Hold for Pickup number: 9303 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Priority Mail Express International number: EC 000 000 000 US
- Priority Mail Express number: 9270 1000 0000 0000 0000 00 and EA 000 000 000 US
- Global Express Guaranteed number: 82 000 000 00
- Priority Mail International number: CP 000 000 000 US
- Registered Mail number: 9208 8000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Signature Confirmation number: 9202 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
These were the different USPS tracking number examples. Since the USPS postage does not provide tracking facility for all its services, so you will have to see yourself that which postages provide it and which does not, before finalizing your order.
How to Find Tracking Number USPS?
Now let us move on to knowing, how to find this number? To get it from USPS, the process is mentioned below:
- The first thing you should know is that which USPS postage includes the USPS tracking facility automatically. As you know that all the USPS postage does not include the tracking facility by default. There are only a few services that include the United States postal service tracking number. Before buying the product online, you must know that only Collect on Delivery, Certified Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, Registered Mail, Priority Mail, USPS Tracking, and Signature Confirmation include the automatic tracking label. With these postages only, you can find this label. If one of these postages types is not included in your product, then it is not possible for you to get shipping number unless you add USPS tracking service by paying extra money.
- Secondly, for USPS tracking number lookup, you need to save the receipt which the US post office provides you. You will be able to find your shipping label on the slip or the given receipt. You can also seek the help of one of the employees of the US post office to show you the shipping number mentioned on the receipt if you are unable to locate the same. He or she will be happy to help you. You need to keep this given receipt safe with you. A tracking label is a long number of various digits. You must be aware that this tracking number is also called as the article or the label number.
- You may also trace tracking number in your email. If you have ordered something online, then you would have received an email where the label number would be mentioned.
- The United States post office label no. may also be highlighted in your account of the site from where you have ordered the product. You can jot down shipping label number from that site.
- Now that you have found the shipping no. from one of these locations, you need to go to the main site of the USPS. On the homepage of usps.com, you will notice a blank space on the top which is meant for shipping no. search. You need to enter the number there and click on enter. The site will show the status of your product. One can also get to know one’s package status by sending that number to 28777. As you send the message, you will receive a message from USPS mentioning about the status of your package.
As you follow the above steps, you will be able to understand how to get a tracking number from USPS. If you do not have your no. because you have missed it, then you need not worry because you have an alternate for that as well, about which we will discuss in another article.
Where is the Tracking Number on USPS Receipt?
It is not difficult to trace the USPS shipping number location because a USPS tracking no. contains many numeric digits. But, there are many people who have complained that they are unable to find USPS tracking number and they are unable to track their shipment. They are not able to find their shipping label no. on the USPS label or receipt. If you are also the one who is not able to find your shipping label no. on your receipt, then you need not worry, because here we explain how to find the USPS tracking label number on your USPS receipt.
You can find your US postal tracking number on one of the given locations:
- You may find your trackable no. on the shipping receipt of your post office.
- If you have purchased the insurance at the post office, then you may find it on your sales receipt.
- In case you have shipped your mail item from the official site of USPS which is USPS.com, then you may find it in your email inbox.
- You may also check the no. below the tracking label. In other words, the shipping no. may be mentioned on the peel-off portion of the tracking label.
- There is an equal chance of having it in the confirmation email, which is sent by the online retailer.
- In case you have missed the USPS delivery, then you may find it on the back side of the orange slip you would have received.
Most probably, after doing the post office tracking number check, you will find it at one of the following locations from the above list. Now that you are aware where to find this number, you can conveniently track your mail item that the USPS has shipped to you.
Where can I find a USPS tracking number?
It can be frustrating when you send out a shipment, but the recipient doesn’t receive it because your package didn’t come with a USPS tracking number. Maybe you’re wondering how to get one for your item, or perhaps you’re not sure if your mail service comes with this feature. Luckily, there are several ways to get a tracking number for your shipment, regardless of whether you’re the sender or the recipient.
If you’re the sender and need help obtaining a tracking number for your item, check the bottom of your USPS sales receipts, your confirmation email from USPS, your Insurance slip, or any information provided by the mail service you used when purchasing postage online. Alternatively, the easiest way may be to simply ask the recipient of your shipment for their tracking number – this will enable you to track their package and ensure they receive it on time and in good condition.
If you’re the recipient and want to know how to get a tracking number for a shipment sent to you, simply talk to your sender and request that they provide it. You can then use this information to access detailed tracking updates via your informed delivery account – allowing you to rest easy knowing that your items are on their way without any delays or complications! In short, whether you need help obtaining a USPS tracking number as the sender or getting updates about shipments sent to you as the recipient, there are simple strategies that can help make things easier. So don’t worry – just follow these tips to get answers fast!
Priority mail Tracking Number:
Priority mail service by USPS automatically includes the USPS tracking label number facility. It will be available online or also at your local post office. It will depend on the mail class you have chosen. You are not required to pay any extra cost to avail the facility of USPS priority mail tracking no. Priority mail provides the tracking update when the USPS sends the priority mailing item to its destination. It includes the date of the delivery and the time of delivery or the attempted delivery. The sample of USPS priority shipping number will look like:
- 9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00
The mail items which the USPS customers give to the USPS for mailing, the USPS employees scan that mailing item many times right from the time they accept it for the shipment to the time of its delivery. At every point of transit, the USPS scans the mail item. Recently, the USPS has upgraded its tracking mechanism. After now after this upgrade, the USPS customers can get a more precise location of their mail items. You will be surprised to know that almost all the USPS mail items are scanned more than 11 times in the entire process of transit. This is how the customer gets the convenience of the door to door tracking of their shipment and their USPS shipping number.
After a comprehensive insight into the USPS tracking number and related details, this article would have made you an expert in tracking your USPS mail item. An updated customer is a happy customer, so keep mailing and keep tracking!