USPS M-bag is a way to send books and other printed material internationally to a single addressee. Its rates depend on the weight. Postage bags or M-Bags are an economical way that the students often use to send their books etc.
Let us get to know more about it.
What is M-bag Service?
M bags are the direct sacks of printed matter which can be sent to a single foreign addressee at a particular destination address. These shipping bags are nothing but canvas bags which can be used for sending printed items, like books or advertising materials.
Some features of M bag include:
- It is an economical way chosen by the international students who go to school in the U.S. and need an inexpensive way to send their books home.
- You can add the extra services along with it. Use the International Postage Price Calculator for checking the availability.
- The only items which can be sent via M-bags are Printed matter such as newspapers, books, sheet music, magazines, journals, catalogs, commercial advertising, directories, and promotional matters.
- It may not be registered or insured.
- The dimensions and weight Limits for M-bags are summarized below:
- M-bags are 4 feet in length and 36 inches in diameter.
- There is no minimum weight of M-bag, but even if your M bag is less than 11 pounds, then also you will have to pay for at least, 11pound postage price.
- The maximum weight of M bag can be 66 pounds,
- These limits can change in the case of some countries.
- You can also send M-bags to PO Boxes.
- Items must be kept in some individual packages and not directly in the USPS M bag sack. It must also bear the name of both the sender and the recipient along with their delivery information.
- The package sent in the M-bag must be labeled as “Postage Paid – M-bag.”
- You can get the sacks and the mailing tags that are required for the M-bag entry, at the local Post Office.
- To know more about M bag, you can read International Mail Manual (IMM) Sect. 260.
- M-bags, if undeliverable, are sent back to the sender.
The Delivery Time of M bags:
- If sent through First-Class Mail International, it will depend on the destination
- If sent through USPS Priority Mail Bag International, it will be 6 to 10 business days
There are three kinds of M-bags:
- Airmail M-bags
- International Priority Airmail (IPA)
- International Surface Airlift (ISAL)
What is an International M-bag?
An international M bag is a canvas bag which is used for mailing the printed items. M-Bags can also be understood as the direct sacks of printed matter which are sent to a specific foreign addressee at a single address.
How to Use an International M-bag?
The users who want to ship their printed material through M bag will need a PS Form 2976 customs declaration. They need to submit their customs data electronically when the mail items are paid with a permit imprint.
How Much Does it Cost to Mail an International M-bag?
You need to find out the price of an International M-bag. For doing so, follow the process given below:
- Visit the following link: https://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/immctry.htm
- Choose your country from the given list.
- Scroll down or “Ctrl + F” to search a section named as ‘Airmail M-bags’ and recognize the Price Group, which will be from 1-9.
- CLICK HERE to know the relevant rate for the Price Group.
Here is the table for Airmail M bag prices:
|Price Group||Weight Not Over 11 Pounds||Additional cost Per Pound|
Airmail M bags are the most economical way to send the humongous quantity of printed materials internationally. The prices range from $46.20 at a Post Office.
The rules and restrictions of M bags include:
- You can send printed material like journals, newspapers, magazines, books, sheet music, directories, commercial advertising catalogs, and promotional matter with M bags.
- The maximum weight of M bags can be 66 lbs.
- There is no fixed minimum weight, but any M-Bag which is less than 11 lbs., will be priced at the 11 lb. price.
- M-Bag international must be sent with a customs form.
- Some countries may have their own prohibitions and restrictions.