FedEx Express is one of the biggest package delivery companies in the world. It delivers packages and mail around the world. It’s famous for its variety of mail class and services. The variety of mail class attracts people. It’s one of the reasons that it has millions of customers all around the world. Every day, it delivers millions of packages around the world for its customers.
We said in our another article that many consumers are confused about the Sunday Delivery. They don’t know whether FedEx delivers on Sundays or not. For that, we have written a detailed article on FedEx Sunday Delivery. You may read it if you want but in this article, we are going to talk about FedEx Saturday Delivery and also going to answer to many of the questions asked by FedEx customers like does FedEx deliver on Saturday, is FedEx open on Saturday, what time does FedEx deliver on Saturday, and much more. So, let’s find out the answer to these questions and others too. Let’s start with the first question, “Does FedEx ship on Saturdays?”: –
Does FedEx Deliver on Saturday?
FedEx customers want to know does FedEx run on Saturday? So, the answer is Yes! FedEx runs on Saturday. FedEx delivers on Saturday. It offers a suite of services on this day to provide the convenience to its customers need. Delivery of a package and also pickup is available in most U.S cities and selected international locations. You just need to mark “Saturday Delivery” on FedEx International Air Waybill, and it will be delivered to the recipient on the selected day (if the service is available at that location). To know more about the Saturday delivery, read the following:
FedEx Saturday Delivery:
Saturday is considered as Standard delivery day with FedEx Home Delivery. It means, most of the packages scheduled for Monday delivery will be delivered two days earlier at no extra cost. This delivery is available with FedEx First Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight and FedEx 2Day. If FedEx doesn’t deliver or attempt on Saturday, then it is because the recipient or the shipper requested a later delivery. In this situation, the fee will still be charged. If they fail to deliver on this day because of an unexcused service failure, then the Money-Back Guarantee may apply. This delivery is available to several U.S markets for the U.S. express freight shipments with FedEx First Overnight Freight, FedEx 1Day Freight, and FedEx 2Day Freight.
Now, you know that FedEx delivers on Saturday. So, If you are a business, then you may choose any of the given FedEx delivery convenient or services options:
FedEx Saturday Delivery Options:
- FedEx Express: Choose this service option when the fast delivery is a must. The following services offer Saturday delivery to most U.S cities: FedEx First Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, and FedEx 2Day. FedEx overnight Saturday delivery is best for time sensitive shipments.
- FedEx Home Delivery: Saturday is the standard delivery day for the most U.S residential addresses if you choose the FedEx Home Delivery service. You don’t need to pay any extra cost for that.
- FedEx SmartPost: FedEx SmartPost delivers on the same day. It lets you deliver the shipment to every United States residential address. Hawaii, Alaska, and U.S territories are also included in the residential address. With FedEx SmartPost, you can reach any P.O box, Diplomatic Post Office (DPO), Fleet Post Office (FPO), and Army Post Office (APO).
- Hold at FedEx Location: If your customer is out and about on the same day, then he/she can still receive a package. Ship to the nearest FedEx location even if the shipment is in transit. This delivery company gives you the facility to do so. It has almost 2,400 locations nationwide with 24 hours service. For that, you can check the location of any FedEx store near your customer to find out whether it provides the Saturday hold or not.
Is FedEx Open on Saturday?
Yes! FedEx opens on Saturday. Almost all FedEx locations remain open on Saturdays. As said before, there are more than 2,400 FedEx locations nationwide with 24 hours service. So, you can visit the location for shipping, packaging, and printing needs without worrying about the time or hour, but not all locations are open on that day. According to FedEx, there are more than 1,800 FedEx locations (U.S locations) that are open on that day. So, how would you know that your nearest FedEx location is one of those that are open even on Saturdays or one of 2,400 locations that are open 24 hours? For that, you can use the FedEx Find Locations tool (the instructions to use this tool are given below). This tool will also help you to find out the FedEx Saturday delivery availability with timings in different locations.
FedEx Hours Saturday:
Many FedEx customers want to know how late does FedEx deliver on Saturday and what time does it deliver on the same day. So, here is the answer – The delivery time or hour of any shipment vary by service type and location. So, here are delivery timings of different types of shipments with days:
Delivery Day and Times:
- FedEx Express: Mon – Fri –> 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- FedEx Ground: Mon – Fri –> 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- FedEx Home Delivery: Tue – Fri –> 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sat –> 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
You can see that only FedEx Saturday delivery hours of Home delivery shipments are given here. FedEx First Overnight service can deliver your shipment as early as 8 a.m. It’s for time-sensitive shipments. In most areas, FedEx delivers your packages by 8, 8:30, 9, or 9:30 a.m. Additional extended areas delivery is made by 10 or 11 a.m., or 2:00 p.m. You can also find out transit time and rate by using FedEx Rate Finder tool.
To find the Transit time & rate, follow the given steps:
- Visit the FedEx Rate Finder tool page.
- Select the Shipment type from the options given on the top.
- Select the starting address and the destination address.
- Fill all the details in the Additional Information field.
- At last, select any of the three options: Get transit time, Get quick quote, or Get detailed quote.
After following these steps, you will be able to see the transit time and rate of your package/shipment.
To find out the locations of FedEx Offices along with their delivery and pickup times, follow the given steps:
- Visit the FedEx Locator page.
- Enter your location in the blank field or choose from the suggestions after entering the location.
- Select any of the options given on the right by clicking on the check box to select what you want to do.
- Hit enter or press the search button.
- A list of FedEx offices and Ship centers will be there on your screen.
By following the above steps, you will find the FedEx Saturday delivery times along with pick-up times and lots of other useful information & timings.
Does FedEx Pickup on Saturday?
Yes! FedEx pick ups the shipments on that day. FedEx Saturday pickup is available for the customers who use selected services because not every service offers Saturday pickup. For more details, see the table below:
FedEx Saturday Pickup Service Details
|Service Areas: U.S.||FedEx Saturday Pickup is available for FedEx First Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight®, FedEx Standard Overnight®, FedEx 2Day® and FedEx Express Saver® services in A1, A2, AA, A3, A4, A5 and AM primary service areas. A special handling fee applies for Saturday pickup|
|Service Areas: International||Shipments to international destinations may be picked up in the U.S. on Saturday in A1, A2, A3, AA and AM primary service areas for a special handling fee. No additional charge is required to to drop off the shipments on Saturday to FedEx location. (Also, not all the locations offer Saturday Pickup)
Saturday pickup is not offered for FedEx International Economy® or FedEx Express® Freight international services except in countries where Saturday is a regular business day.
|Exceptions||Saturday pickup and drop-off are available in Anchorage only in Alaska.|
|Special Instructions||Many staffed FedEx drop-off locations are open on Saturday, and some FedEx Express Drop Box locations have Saturday pickup. Go to the drop-off locator to see FedEx locations served on Saturday.|
|Special Fees||Fees may apply for Saturday service and, if applicable, courier pickup.|
FedEx customers can drop off on Saturday for Monday Delivery. Saturday drop off for Monday delivery is a common thing for its customers. You can do it too. The packages will be delivered to you on Monday.
Does FedEx Ground Deliver on Saturday?
No, FedEx Ground doesn’t deliver on Saturday. Packages with this service are delivered within 1 to 5 business days to every address in the 48 contiguous U.S. states. The delivery time depends on the distance to the destination. Package delivery to Alaska and Hawaii takes 3 to 7 business days, but this service is reliable. If the package doesn’t arrive by the end of the scheduled delivery day, then the company will refund or credit the shipping charges.
Does FedEx Express Deliver on Saturday?
Yes, FedEx Express deliver on Saturdays. It is also mentioned above that when the package is time sensitive, use FedEx Express service. Customers can use this service according to their requirements.
- For urgent deliveries, you can go for the same-day and overnight options.
- For next business day delivery, go with the First Overnight, Priority Overnight, and Standard Overnight.
- When you have more time in the schedule, then go with the 2Day A.M., 2Day, and Express Saver.
If you want to know more about the Express Delivery, then you may read about it by CLICKING HERE.
Final Words: We tried to cover every possible thing about the Saturday delivery of FedEx in this single article. We answered most frequently asked questions and came to the point that Yes, FedEx ships on Saturdays. The time is also mentioned here when the FedEx is on the truck for Saturday delivery. So, if you think that something is missing which you want to share, then feel free to leave a comment below. We love to hear from you.