Return Receipt gives the mailer a peace of mind by acting as an evidence of delivery. If you have requested for return receipt, then you will get the receipt by mail or electronically and it’s up to you which option you choose. The date of the delivery, recipient’s name, and address are available on the receipt. You can also track the receipt by mail.
As mentioned above, there are two ways to receive the return receipt:
- By Mail
If you go with the first way, then you will get the original signature of the recipient on the receipt. It will be sent to you via First-Class mail.
And if you go with the second way, then you have to follow the instructions given below to obtain to return receipt:
- Complete the both sides of receipt and affix it to the mailpiece.
- Above the delivery address, write “Return Receipt Requested.”
- Now, visit www.usps.com and select “Tracking” under Quick Tools. A barcode label number is available on the receipt, enter it along with your name and email address.
- Then, you must pay the applicable extra service fee.
- At last, you will receive the receipt electronically.
Now, it’s time to know the USPS return receipt fee. Let’s find out:
Return Receipt Cost:
Postal Regulatory Commission has approved the increase in postal rates. Latest rates began on Sunday, January 22, 2017, at 12:01 AM. So, the latest rates are:
|Return Receipt by Mail (PS Form 3811)||$2.75|
|Return Receipt by E-mail (Electronic)||$1.45|
The cost of Return Receipt by Mail is $2.75 and by e-mail is $1.45.
It means you have to pay $2.75 if you want to receive a physical receipt and $1.45 if electronic.
USPS Certified Mail Return Receipt Cost:
Certified Mail Fee is $3.35. So, the certified mail with physical return receipt will cost you $6.10, and certified mail with electronic receipt will cost you $4.80.
- Purchase at the Post Office depending on the mail class you choose.
- It’s available with Priority Mail Express (PS Form 3811 only).
- Electronic Return Receipts are not available to every address. For example, it’s not available to APO/FPO/DPO addresses or certain U.S. territories or possessions.
- Only available at the time of mailing.