Lost your tracking number? Well, you are not the only one. Many people lose their tracking number and then ask the question that, how to track a package without the tracking number? So, here we attempt to address your query.
The packaging companies like United States Postal Service, FedEx, UPS, and DHL provide a tracking number to their consumers, which they can use to track their packages and receive the updated notifications about their package. This tracking number is important to track the package, but this does not mean that you cannot find package without tracking number. We will discuss what to do when you lose your tracking number if you have placed your order through one of these top packaging companies – USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
How to Track a USPS Package Without Tracking Number?
The good news is that you can track your USPS package if you have lost your tracking number. Like many other companies, USPS also has a process to locate one’s package in case USPS tracking number is not found. The process of tracking any shipment in case of USPS lost tracking number is:
- Visit the main site of the USPS which is www.usps.com
- Log-in to your USPS account. If you do not have one, then you can create a new account.
- Go to the tab of “My USPS” which is mentioned under the left vertical menu
- View the dashboard.
- Now, you will be able to view your most recent deliveries. This dashboard will also provide you information related to the package which you have failed to get.
- The packages that ask for the “unknown estimated delivery date,” you will have to enter the order number to create a shipping label.
- Click on “Scan”
- This will show you the latest update on the estimated delivery date on the package.
You can also follow the steps mentioned in the video below for the same:
How to Track a UPS Package Without Tracking Number?
Don’t worry if you have lost your tracking number for the UPS package. If you are thinking, how can I track a package without a tracking number, you can do two things:
1. The first option is to track the UPS package by using the reference number. This reference number is the number that you get at the time of placing your order. Also, if you had placed your shipment online, you would have received the reference number. It can be any combination of numbers and letters up to 35 characters. So, to track the UPS package using the reference number, the process is given below:
- Visit the main site of the UPS which is www.ups.com
- Select the language or location if it asks for it.
- Select “Track and Tracking History” under Tracking category or CLICK HERE to visit that page.
- Select “Track by Reference” from the options on the left.
- Select Shipment Type.
- Enter the Shipment Reference no.
- Select the Date range.
- You can also enter the Shipper account, destination country, and destination ZIP/Postal Code. This enables them to locate your order in a faster way and provide you the details that you want to know.
- Hit the “Track” button.
- You will have the required information on the screen.
You can follow these steps or watch the video below for the same:
2. The second option in case of lost UPS tracking number is to track your package by using the UPS InfoNote option. This is a service which is specially crafted in case the UPS tries to deliver the package, but the carrier is unable to locate your address. To find your package using the UPS InfoNote, you need to enter the InfoNote reference number in the asked field, and then you can locate your package. You will also get to know the details like how you can receive your package at the earliest.
How to Track a FedEx Package Without Tracking Number?
You can track the FedEx package as well without having the tracking number. So, in case of lost FedEx tracking number, all you need to do is:
- Switch on your desktop or laptop and go to the official site of the FedEx (www.fedex.com).
- Select your location if it asks for that.
- Select “ALL TRACKING SERVICES” under “Tracking” category or CLICK HERE to jump to that page directly.
- Select the tab mentioned as “Track by Reference.” This tab is used to track the package if you do not have the option of tracking through the number. This option facilitates the users to keep an eye on the delivery of their package as it uses the internal reference.
- In the blank reference field, enter the asked necessary details about your package. The details can be the invoice of the package, the purchase order, the return material authorization, reference number, country, destination postal code, ship date, etc. The reference detail can also include any other reference number that FedEx would have provided you at the time you had placed your order.
- After punching-in these important details, you will be able to view the information about your package in a jiffy.
This is the process to follow in the case when FedEx tracking number is not found.
In the video below, you can see the different ways to track with FedEx.
How to Track a DHL Package Without Tracking Number?
As we have seen above, all the companies like USPS, UPS, and FedEx have an alternate route to allow you to locate your package number even if you have lost it or missed it, DHL is no exception. Even DHL has a process that permits you to track your package if you do not have the DHL package tracking number with you. The process of tracking the package when DHL tracking number is not found is narrated below:
- Just like the other package delivery services, to locate your package without the tracking number, visit the main site of the DHL which is dhl.com
- Select the option “More Tracking Options” below the option “Track Your Shipment”.
- After that, click on “Track by Shipper’s Reference” on the left side menu or you can CLICK HERE to visit that page directly.
- Now you need to punch in the shipper’s reference number
- You will also need to select the Date ranges for shipment.
- You may also enter the Account number and Shipment Destination.
- Hit the track button.
- In case the package is in the transit, the page will show you an estimate of its expected arrival time.
Though we have these processes to track your package without having the tracking number, it is strongly recommended that you should always keep your tracking number safe with you. Tracking your packages and mail using the tracking number is easier and a better way of knowing where your package is, for you and the company as well. The tracking number provides the more correct and accurate information of your package as compared to the alternate tracking methods.