The people trust their national postal carrier to send their critical shipments and important documents. USPS realizes this and hence, makes its best efforts to cater to the customer’s needs and requirements and deliver their packages safely on time. Moreover, USPS is identified as one of the best postal carriers which is affordable too.
USPS has a delivery or shipping target time for its each mail class or service. The details of USPS delivery times, hours, and days are given below.
USPS Delivery Hours:
The USPS delivery hours or time are more or less on the same timing, but sometimes, the delivery hours may vary with the route and the volume of the mails. Mostly, the regular letter carrier delivers all the parcels and mails to the customers.
If the question that, what time does USPS deliver, comes to your mind, then find the mail delivery time of some of the USPS mail classes below:
- USPS delivers all the mail items, packages, and parcel items to the recipients before 5 pm.
- The Priority Mail Express items are delivered by 10:30 am
- The domestic express mail delivers the items to the customers mostly before 12 pm.
- The international mail delivers the items to the customers normally before 3 pm.
The mail delivery time of the PO Box begin at 8:30 am. Here are the post office delivery times:
- The timing for the PO Sterrett is 10:00 am for the days Monday to Saturday. The PO Sterrett is closed on Sundays.
- Similarly, the delivery timing for the Westover is 9:00 am for the days starting from Monday to Saturday. Westover keeps an off on Sundays.
- Alpine delivery time is 10:00 am for the days from Monday to Saturday. Alpine is closed on Sundays.
- The timing for the PO Harpersville is 09:30 am for the days Monday to Saturday. The Harpersville is closed on Sundays.
- Lastly, the delivery timing for the Vincent is 10:00 am for the days starting from Monday to Saturday. Vincent keeps an off on Sundays.
USPS Shipping Times:
The Shipping times of the domestic mail category is in the table below:
|USPS Domestic Mail Class||Shipping or Delivery Time
|USPS Retail Ground||2 to 8 business days (Estimated)
|Media Mail||2 to 8 business days (Estimated)
|First-Class Mail||2 to 3 business days (Estimated)
|Priority Mail||1 to 3 business days (Estimated)
|Priority Mail Express||Overnight/ 1 to 2 business days
The details of the table are explained as under:
- If you want to ship your items using the service of USPS Retail Ground, then it might take 2 days to 8 estimated working days for your item to get shipped. It is a reliable and economical option for sending lesser urgent and oversized packages. Charges are from $6.65.
- The answer to when does USPS deliver Media Mail is – it may again take 2 days to 8 estimated working days for your item to get shipped. Media Mail is an affordable way to send educational materials. The charges are from $2.63.
- USPS estimated delivery time for USPS First-Class Mail items is within 2 business day to 3 estimated business Days. It is economical mail option for standard-sized and single-piece envelopes of weight up to 3.5 oz, and large envelopes and small packages of weight up to 13 oz. Charges are from $0.49.
- The USPS delivery schedule for Priority Mail is 1 business day to 3 estimated business Days. Charges are from $6.65 at the post office locations and online.
- What about the Priority Mail Express items? Well, these mail items can be shipped overnight or within only 1 business day to maximum 2 business days. It is the fastest service that delivers 7 days a week. Charges are from $23.75.
Now, talking about how late does USPS deliver or we can say how much time it takes in the case of international mail services, you can find the details in the table below:
|USPS International Mail Classes||Shipping or Delivery Time
|Priority Mail International||6 to 10 business days
|Priority Mail Express International||3 to 5 business days
|First-Class Mail International||Varies
|First-Class Package International Service||Varies
|Global Express Guaranteed (GXG)||1 to 3 business days
The table can be explained by the details mentioned below:
- If you want to ship your items using the priority service of USPS, called as Priority Mail International, it will take a minimum of 6 business days and a maximum of 10 business days to send your shipment.
- To send your items using the Priority Mail Express International, it will take even a lesser time for your package to reach its destination. It normally takes 3 business days to 5 business days for your shipment to reach.
- The USPS transit times or delivery time of First-Class Mail International may be varied.
- USPS package delivery time for First-Class Package International Service may also vary.
- Global Express Guaranteed (GXG) service of USPS international will take only 1 business day to 3 business day to deliver your shipment.
- The USPS package delivery time for Airmail M-Bags also varies.
USPS Delivery Days:
USPS delivers the package to the customers all the seven days of the week. From Monday to Saturday, the USPS delivers all kind of mail class and all types of packages. But, on Sundays, it delivers only the items that are sent using Priority Mail Express service of USPS as the Priority Mail Express works on 365 days of the year. On Sundays, USPS also delivers the Amazon packages. The mail delivery days on weekends is limited other than Amazon packages and Priority mail express. As you have read above, the Priority Mail Express takes maximum 1-2 days. You can avail this service any day of 365 days in a year. You can read more about USPS Sunday Delivery.
Not only Sunday, but Saturday deliveries are also included in the Priority Mail Express option. It is a guaranteed delivery option which works for most of the U.S. addresses and Post Office Boxes. The Priority Mail Express is the is the best option for you if you want the package to be delivered on Sunday or Saturday. Also, this delivery guarantees the money back in case the package is not delivered on Sunday. If you are thinking that using this service will cost you a fortune, then let us tell you that this service is highly economical and affordable. Low cost does not come with such an amazing service, unlike in this case. In fact, it is cheaper than many other services. Also, you can read more about USPS Saturday Delivery.
Now coming to the second option which is Amazon. USPS offers the delivery or the shipping of Amazon packages all 365 days in a year including the postal holidays. If you think that Sunday shipping happens only for Amazon Prime account holders, then you are wrong. The Sunday delivery of Amazon products is available for all the customers of Amazon. Though the Prime account holders have the liberty to place the order on Friday as well to get the delivery on Sunday.
USPS has been delivering Amazon packages for five years. There was a tie-up between Amazon and USPS, back in November 2013. Since then, USPS has been delivering Amazon packages. Initially, they delivered Amazon parcels only in the select areas of Los Angeles and New York metropolitan locations. But one year later, they expanded their area of operation. As of today, the USPS delivers the Amazon packages to most of the United States locations.