The fastest international service that you can ever dream of is the one offered by the United States Postal Service. This service is called as the Priority Mail Express International. Many USPS customers who regularly ship their international package to several destinations across the world use the USPS Express Mail International to send their package in the least possible time.
Here, we will talk everything about the Priority Mail Express International service.
- 1 What is Priority Mail Express International?
- 2 Priority Mail Express International Pricing:
- 3 Priority Mail Express International Delivery Time:
- 4 How to Use Priority Mail Express International?
What is Priority Mail Express International?
USPS Priority Mail Express International is the fastest and the most cost-effective way to ship your parcels if compared to other shipping companies. With this service, you can send the packages with a maximum of up to 70 lbs. of weight. This service is available in as many as 190 countries and more including Australia. The package deliveries with this service happen within 3 to 5 business days. This service also includes a free pickup right from your door. The service also includes a package insurance worth of $200.
If your package does not get delivered on time, the International Express Post offers a money-back guarantee, but only in the selected countries. If your package is not delivered by the mentioned guaranteed date, the USPS will refund your shipping cost.
The features of the International Express service are:
- Includes up to $100 insurance for non-negotiable document reconstruction and up to $200 insurance for things like merchandise loss, missing contents, and damage.
- Delivers the package within 3 to 5 business days.
- Free Package Pickup service also available either at your home or office.
- Comes with a money-back guarantee to selected destinations.
- Includes USPS Tracking free of cost.
Priority Mail Express International Pricing:
The pricing for the Priority Mail Express International depends on the destination or the country, where your package is sent to. There are 17 country price groups with their costs that range from $38.90 and more for a 0.5-pound box which is meant to be sent to the country of Zone 1.
Except for Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate pricing, the prices depend on its weight and destination country. You can calculate expected shipping costs for international shipments using the International Price Calculator.
This service has seen an average rate increase of 3.9% in 2018. The commercial Base or the online postage rates start at $40.38 which were $38.90 before.
Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Pricing:
The USPS also offers the Flat Rate pricing for this service for the packages that weigh up to 4 lbs. Using the Flat Rate pricing, it is not necessary to calculate the price by taking the weight of your package. Hence, it is the easier way to ship your package. To use the Flat Rate pricing, you must make sure to use the free packaging provided by the USPS.
The Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate envelope cost which is regular, legal size and padded is $39.45 for delivery to Canada and $54.65 and more for all other countries. Since the year 2016, the Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Box has been discontinued, but the flat rate envelope continues.
Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Products:
The express international flat rate postage (Post Office/Retail Rates) product wise are mentioned below:
|International||2017 Prices||2018 Prices|
|Priority Mail Express Intl (0.5 lb.)||$40.95 and up||$42.50 and up|
|Priority Mail Express Intl Flat Rate Box – Canada||Discontinued||Discontinued|
|Priority Mail Express Intl Flat Rate Box - Other Countries||Discontinued||Discontinued|
|Priority Mail Express Intl Flat Rate Envelopes – Canada||$41.50 and up||$43.00 and up|
|Priority Mail Express Intl Flat Rate Envelopes - Other Countries||$57.50 and up||$59.75 and up|
Priority Mail Express International Delivery Time:
If you are looking for fast international delivery, then Priority Mail Express International is an obvious choice. It can ship your package to more than 180 countries including China, along with a plus date-certain service delivery. The shipping time for this service is just 3 to 5 working days. It also comes with a money-back guarantee to selected destinations. You should know the Shipping Time of every service offered by USPS.
How to Use Priority Mail Express International?
To use the Priority Mail Express International, prepare the shipment as it is narrated below:
- Firstly, do the packing of the package
- Mention the correct address on your shipment
- Do add your country to the return address
- Take the weight of your package to calculate its pricing
- You will need the customs forms for international shipments. Take the Customs Forms from your local post office. Fill out a Customs Form with the necessary details. It may ask you to disclose the contents and value of the package. You also need to indicate whether the parcel is a gift or merchandise
- Read the USPS International Mail Manual online or by visiting your local Post Office. It will make sure that the contents of your package are not restricted and is allowed to be shipped to the recipient’s country.
The restrictions of this service include:
- The maximum weight for Priority Mail Express International can be 70 lbs.
- You must seal a Flat Rate Envelope by closing it within the normal folds.
- Maximum weight for Flat Rate Envelopes can be 4 lbs.
- Some countries may come with a lower weight restriction.
- There are restrictions for mailing restricted, prohibited, and hazardous materials, including cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
Some additional points to know about Express International Shipping are:
- You will get the date certain service with the money back guarantee to the selected locations only.
- For many main markets, the number of days will depend on the place of origin, destination, and customs delays.
- Limitations may apply to only some destinations.
- You must pay the postage and mail your letter or package at a Post Office location.
- Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Envelopes can be only up to 4 lbs.
- Study the International Mail Manual to know the maximum amount of insurance allowed by each country.
- Also, study the International Mail Manual to know the insurance details.