We have already talked about the Hold Mail Service by the United States Postal Service in detail in one of our articles. Through the Hold Mail Service, the USPS slows you to put your mail on hold in case you cannot receive your mail as you are out of town or due to any other reason. So, only for a few days, the US Postal Service will keep your mail on hold as per your request. If you wish to know further about this service, you can get an extensive information about it in the main Hold Mail article.
Sometimes, after requesting the USPS Hold Mail service for a certain period, we change our plan. Either we return early from our trip, or we cancel our trip. In that case, we need to change or cancel the request made for Hold Mail. If you feel that it will be more convenient for you to Modify or Cancel the USPS Hold Mail Request by making a call, then you will have to dial on this number:
- 1-800-ASK-USPS or 1-800-275-8777
But, if you want to Modify or Cancel the USPS Hold Mail Request online, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below. Firstly, we will talk about how to change the USPS Mail hold request online, and then we will talk about how to cancel it online.
Change Hold Mail Request Online:
To change the USPS Hold Mail request through the online way, you need to follow the steps given below:
- The first step to change or edit the request of this process is to Visit Hold Mail page.
- Now as you have the relevant page open on your screen, you need to click on the option on the right side that reads “Edit/Cancel Your Hold Mail Request.”
- After clicking on that option, a pop-up will appear. Enter either your email address or your phone number you supplied with the original request here. Next, you must enter your confirmation number.
- After entering the asked details, now edit the information you want to change. Here, you can change the beginning date of the request, ending date or both. But, in case your hold mail request has already started, then you can only change the ending date of the request.
- Now that you have made the desired changes go to the bottom of the page
- Click on “Continue” button
- Click “Yes” to verify the information.
- Now, you will see a confirmation page. This page shows that the portal has updated your request.
Cancel Hold Mail Request Online:
To Cancel USPS Hold Mail request online, follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Hold Mail Page at USPS.
- Look for an option on the right side of the page, “Edit/Cancel Your Hold Mail Request.”
- Enter either the email address or your phone number
- Enter the confirmation number
- You can cancel your request now.
- Click on the “Continue” button
- The page will redirect you to “Verify Your Cancellation” page.
- Click on the “Yes” button.
- You will see the “Cancellation Confirmation” page which confirms that the portal will cancel your request.
Change/Cancel USPS Hold Mail Request Without Confirmation Number:
What if you do not have a confirmation number with you? Well, in this case, you will have to visit the local post office. They will ask you for your Photo ID. However, if you are still out of town and you cannot go to the post office, then you can also call your local post office and request the same.
So, after going through the article, you would have observed how easy and quick it is to edit or cancel the hold mail request. Still, if you face any problem, you may contact to USPS by the number given above or visit the nearest post office.